Sample Internship Job Description
PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A SAMPLE ENTRY-LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION, FOR REFERENCE ONLY. FULLTIME HIRING NEEDS CHANGE FREQUENTLY. PLEASE SEE CURRENT JOBS DIRECTORY FOR ACTIVE POSITIONS.
SAMPLE JOB DESCRIPTION – ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER, USER INTERFACE
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a skilled and creative associate user interface (UI) engineer. The ideal applicant understands the challenges of crafting an effective, yet elegant user interface. This person must be able to work closely with designers and artists to develop a shared vision and then see it through from concept to completion. The ideal candidate should be familiar with the stylistic themes of Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes and possess the ability to develop new and compelling UI features that match.
- Work closely with designers and other engineers to establish a shared vision for compelling UI features.
- Create preliminary UI concept images from paper designs utilizing existing UI elements.
- Implement functional and elegant UI features from approved concepts.
- Develop back-end functionality to support front-end features.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Experience with C++
- Experience with XML
- Experience using an existing UI framework to modify or develop user interfaces
- Understanding of basic user interface concepts like layout and controls
- Passion for playing and making games
- Experience developing or maintaining a UI framework
- Proficiency with Photoshop