Sample Internship Job Description
PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A SAMPLE ENTRY-LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION, FOR REFERENCE ONLY. FULLTIME HIRING NEEDS CHANGE FREQUENTLY. PLEASE SEE CURRENT JOBS DIRECTORY FOR ACTIVE POSITIONS.
SAMPLE JOB DESCRIPTION – ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER, TEST AUTOMATION
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic associate test automation engineer to join the automation team within platform services. The ideal candidate has experience building test automation and tools, and working with development teams to design test automation requirements. Additionally, you need to have passion for creating epic games and a strong desire to push the state of the art for testing games.
- Implement and maintain test automation in C++ and / or C#.
- Work with team lead to create sprint backlogs.
- Adhere to established coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices.
- Run and review automated tests and enter bugs as needed.
- Ensure results from automated test runs are reported correctly.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Previous quality assurance experience
- Demonstrated proficiency programming in C++ or C#
- BS in Computer Science or Math, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with scripting languages (Python, Lua, AutoIt)
- Strong testing skills
- Passion for video games
- Experience programming test automation
- Knowledge of various testing methodologies
- Familiar with writing extensions for Maya and Photoshop
- Multi-platform expertise (Windows, OSX, Linux)
- SQL programming experience
- Experience working on agile teams (Scrum, Lean)