Sample Internship Job Description
PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A SAMPLE ENTRY-LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION, FOR REFERENCE ONLY. FULLTIME HIRING NEEDS CHANGE FREQUENTLY. PLEASE SEE CURRENT JOBS DIRECTORY FOR ACTIVE POSITIONS.
SAMPLE JOB DESCRIPTION -- ANIMATOR
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a skilled animator. The ideal candidate has experience animating both human and non-humanoid characters. A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation is essential. The animator must be well-versed in related tools -- 3DS Max, Character Studio, Maya, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
- Experience using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms
- A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward/inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- The ability to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- A passion for games
- Skill in one or more of the related character creation tasks -- illustration, modeling, texturing, or rigging
- Outstanding 2D animation skills
- Experience in FX and particle animation