Sample Internship Job Description
PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A SAMPLE ENTRY-LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION, FOR REFERENCE ONLY. FULLTIME HIRING NEEDS CHANGE FREQUENTLY. PLEASE SEE CURRENT JOBS DIRECTORY FOR ACTIVE POSITIONS.
SAMPLE JOB DESCRIPTION – ASSOCIATE TECHNICAL DESIGNER
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented associate technical designer with strong technical background. The ideal candidate has designed/created levels using any of the currently available level editors on the market (StarCraft II editor, Warcraft III world editor, etc). The associate technical designer must be able to communicate effectively and collaborate with both the design and engineering groups in order to create fun and interesting environments that look and play great.
- Possess a strong technical or engineering background
- Able to communicate effectively with regards to design ideas and implementation, as well as on a technical level with engineers
- Experience creating levels using a game editor such as the StarCraft II editor, Warcraft III editor, or equivalent
- Experience with scripting languages (XML, HTML, etc.)
- Able to do scripting and use triggers in a game toolset
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of programming languages C and/or C++
- Great sense for what makes a game or level fun to play
- Have experience working as a level designer in the games industry
- Created and distributed maps for the mod/fan community
- Able to script interesting cinematic sequences using in-game art