Sample Internship Job Description
PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A SAMPLE ENTRY-LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION, FOR REFERENCE ONLY. FULLTIME HIRING NEEDS CHANGE FREQUENTLY. PLEASE SEE CURRENT JOBS DIRECTORY FOR ACTIVE POSITIONS.
SAMPLE JOB DESCRIPTION – ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER, TOOLS
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an associate tools engineer, who has a deep passion for building and maintaining the tools and content management systems that empower designers and artists to create epic gameplay experiences.
- Implement reusable custom UI controls for use in other tools.
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation.
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement.
- Passion for tools development and tool chains
- Strong C++ and object-oriented background
- Strong communication skills
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Strong debugging skills
- Understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Knowledge of 3D graphics
- Mathematics or computer science degree
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- UI design experience
- Experience with LUA, Perl, Python, or other interpreted languages
- Experience using SQL databases -- database design, stored procedures