Sample Internship Job Description
PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A SAMPLE INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION, FOR REFERENCE ONLY. INTERNSHIP NEEDS CHANGE FROM YEAR TO YEAR. FOR THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION REGARDING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES, PLEASE REFER BACK TO OUR INTERNSHIPS PAGE HERE.
SAMPLE INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION – PROGRAM MANAGEMENT INTERN
Blizzard Entertainment's program management office is seeking a summer intern. The program management office is responsible for establishing and maintaining standards for project management within customer service and becoming the source for governance, documentation, and metrics related to managing and implementing projects. The selected applicant will work within the program management office for the global planning and support organization within customer service. The intern will assist project managers with specific project related tasks including meeting setup, documenting meeting notes, generating and tracking milestones, as well as reporting status of tasks and critical milestones.
- Continually maintain on-going documentation and statuses around projects.
- Facilitate internal meetings with the project team.
- Prepare reports for the project management office regarding status of projects and ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Gain exposure to Blizzard Entertainment's intellectual properties (StarCraft, Warcraft, Diablo) and learn about the development process and corresponding support models.
- Currently pursuing a degree in a field related to project management (business administration, information systems, computer science, marketing, technology operations, etc).
- Passion for technology and gaming.
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn about project management.
- Proficiency with MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, OneNote, or SharePoint.
- Passion for Blizzard Entertainment games.