Blizzard Entertainment is seeking summer interns to serve as production assistants. Production interns may work directly with development teams or on related web & mobile applications. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual with outstanding communication abilities and a demonstrated aptitude and interest in project management/game production. We are looking for an individual with the ability to communicate effectively with programming, art, and business personnel, as well as someone who possesses knowledge of software development processes, project management, and performance management. Production interns will deal with a variety of disciplines and personalities, facilitate and mediate between members of the executive, development, customer service, game, marketing, and public relations teams to ensure success of the project.
“WHAT DO PRODUCTION INTERNS DO ON A DAILY BASIS?”
Former Blizzard Entertainment production interns answered this question commonly asked by students. On a day-to-day basis, production interns could be doing any or all of the following:
- Handling new requests for the team, working with stakeholders to determine requirements and scope of the project request.
- Keeping stakeholders informed with project updates and reviews.
- Creating timelines for projects and working to ensure target dates are hit.
- Being resourceful and taking care of anything that is keeping the developers from getting their work done – finding assets, researching issues, gathering information, honing processes, etc.
- Meetings -- Scheduling meetings, wrangling attendees, taking notes, running meetings, getting food for meetings, and anything else you can think of that’s related to meetings.
- Tracking, tracking, tracking -- Scrum tracking, asset tracking, schedule tracking, shot tracking, tracking tracking, and anything else you can think of that needs tracking.
- Getting a little bit creative by generating newsletters, signage, event announcements, or other fun items the team needs.
- Creating and submitting quality assurance and localization requests.