PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A SAMPLE INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION, FOR REFERENCE ONLY. INTERNSHIP NEEDS CHANGE FROM YEAR TO YEAR. FOR THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION REGARDING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES, PLEASE REFER BACK TO OUR INTERNSHIPS PAGE HERE.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for intelligent and highly motivated college students to help test our upcoming games. Job duties include database entry, documentation, working closely with a team of developers, and hours of game playing. An ideal candidate would be an avid gamer who is perceptive and is good at describing noteworthy issues he or she has found in an organized and clear fashion. Candidates must be highly motivated, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
“WHAT DO GAME TESTER INTERNS DO ON A DAILY BASIS?”
Former Blizzard Entertainment game tester interns answered this question commonly asked by students. On a day-to-day basis, game tester interns could be doing any or all of the following:
- Playing and testing a buggy, incomplete version of an unreleased game to find bugs and assist the development team with making a Blizzard-quality game.
- Writing detailed, easy to read, easy to follow, and easy to understand bug reports.
- Navigating databases to enter bugs and issues.
- Working within established processes and using internal tools to make the bug tracking process more efficient.
- Clarifying issues for development team, if they request more information than the original bug report contained.
- Communicating and conveying test methods to others.
- Assisting others with team-driven tasks.