PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A SAMPLE INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION, FOR REFERENCE ONLY. INTERNSHIP NEEDS CHANGE FROM YEAR TO YEAR. FOR THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION REGARDING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES, PLEASE REFER BACK TO OUR INTERNSHIPS PAGE HERE.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking creative, talented, imaginative, and eager interns to join our design team. Potential duties for this internship include designing and implementing game entities, creating levels, tuning, balancing game systems, review mechanics, or content creation. Candidates must be able to collaborate with other designers, develop their own thoughts, and implement and follow through on team and lead ideas.
“WHAT DO GAME DESIGN INTERNS DO ON A DAILY BASIS?”
Former Blizzard Entertainment game design interns answered this question commonly asked by students. On a day-to-day basis, game design interns could be doing any or all of the following:
- Analyzing existing designs and design concepts.
- Contributing to design discussions and decisions.
- Implementing design changes to existing game content.
- Updating and revamping existing content to bring it up to current expansion standards.
- Performing general clean-up of game data, and fixing design-related bugs.
- Scripting and designing new content - missions, quests, levels, monster and player abilities, etc.
- Working on system design tools.
- Assisting in balance and tuning of the game.
- Playtesting the existing game with the team.