SAMPLE INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION – FX ARTIST INTERN
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented FX artist intern to assist our cinematics team in creating the next generation of our award-winning in-game movies. The cinematics FX intern will be skilled at providing simulations and systems that mimic real life phenomena such as smoke, fire, and water, while partnering with modelers, animators, lighters, texture artists, and compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the highest standard.
- Currently pursuing a degree in animation.
- A firm understanding of particle systems, fields, expressions, scripts, soft / rigid dynamic systems, and particle instancing / flocking usage.
- Demonstrated experience producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam, and explosions.
- Understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena.
- Strong working knowledge of 3ds Max, Houdini, and Maya (or equivalent 3D programs).
- Able to creatively solve problems.
- Passion for Blizzard Entertainment games.
- Strong grasp of the overall Blizzard Entertainment visual style, and aesthetics specific to at least one game universe (StarCraft, Warcraft, or Diablo).
- Background in painting, concept art, or technical animation.
- Strong ability to model and texture hard surface / rigid objects within a range of styles (painterly to realistic).
- Working knowledge of RenderMan or other rendering program.