Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a 3D artist intern to produce, texture, and export a wide variety of 3D elements for use in-game. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets and props for a diverse visual range of environments and characters. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is important. We are looking for a highly-creative individual, with good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
“WHAT DO 3D ARTIST INTERNS DO ON A DAILY BASIS?”
Former Blizzard Entertainment 3D artist interns answered this question commonly asked by students. On a day-to-day basis, 3D artist interns could be doing any or all of the following:
- Modeling new art assets and texturing existing assets.
- Creating basic concepts for new weapons, characters, or environments.
- Improving and iterating on concepts and models, as the art and design teams contribute feedback, new ideas, and design concepts.
- Converting armor sets from male to female, or vice versa.
- Updating and revamping existing art assets to bring them up to current game or expansion standards.
- Participating in discussions regarding overall art direction for the game.
- Learning and expanding knowledge of 3D art programs and tools.