PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS A SAMPLE INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION, FOR REFERENCE ONLY. INTERNSHIP NEEDS CHANGE FROM YEAR TO YEAR. FOR THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION REGARDING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES, PLEASE REFER BACK TO OUR INTERNSHIPS PAGE HERE.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a 3D artist intern to produce, texture, and export a wide variety of 3D elements for use in-game. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets and props for a diverse visual range of environments and characters. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is important. We are looking for a highly-creative individual, with good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
“WHAT DO 3D ARTIST INTERNS DO ON A DAILY BASIS?”
Former Blizzard Entertainment 3D artist interns answered this question commonly asked by students. On a day-to-day basis, 3D artist interns could be doing any or all of the following:
- Modeling new art assets and texturing existing assets.
- Creating basic concepts for new weapons, characters, or environments.
- Improving and iterating on concepts and models, as the art and design teams contribute feedback, new ideas, and design concepts.
- Converting armor sets from male to female, or vice versa.
- Updating and revamping existing art assets to bring them up to current game or expansion standards.
- Participating in discussions regarding overall art direction for the game.
- Learning and expanding knowledge of 3D art programs and tools.