Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptionally skilled and passionate senior character artist for its next hit game!
As part of the character team you will work with concept artists, animators, designers, and engineers to create characters, creatures, and weapons in the Diablo universe. The ideal candidate understands that character work does not end in ZBrush, and can texture, surface and optimize just as well as they can sculpt. We hire people who collaborate well with equally passionate developers and share our love for games.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and engineers to bring visually compelling characters to life.
- Sculpt detailed high-poly models and create efficient low-poly meshes for characters, creatures, weapons,
- and armor.
- Create high quality textures and author materials.
- Ensure that character art supports gameplay and performance.
- Help develop character art best practices and mentor others as needed.
- A minimum of 4 years’ game development experience, specifically creating real time characters and items using Maya, ZBrush and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Exceptional understanding of human / creature anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language and silhouette
- Strong knowledge of medieval weapon and armor design
- Demonstrated proficiency with current surfacing techniques and PBR workflows
- Self-motivated, humble, excellent communications skills, and a legendary team-player attitude
- AAA PC or console experience as a 3D character artist
- Solid foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, illustration and conceptual design
- Proficiency with Substance Designer / Painter
- Basic understanding of rigging, animation, and deformation
- Passion for all things Diablo
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio of relevant artwork, online preferred
- An art test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.