Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled VFX Artist to work on all things Diablo. Our ideal candidate has extensive experience working with 3D packages, in-game VFX systems to create a wide range of VFX (fire, smoke, explosions, etc.), as well as a general understanding of good game play communications. Essential skills include a solid grasp of the principles of motion, anticipation, dynamics, follow-through, and other facets of animation. The VFX Artist must also have skill in creating textures and geometry needed for stylized VFX backed by related tools expertise – Photoshop, After Effects, Maya, etc.
The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about Diablo, making great games, killing demons, and getting loot! Requirements
- Experience creating brilliant, eye catching real-time VFX using Photoshop, Maya, and in-game VFX systems
- Strong grasp of visual design principles used to create stylized, compelling VFX
- Able to paint VFX textures from scratch and match an established style
- High degree of proficiency with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics, ribbons, shaders, etc.
- Solid knowledge of rendering engines
- Self-motivated, humble, excellent communications skills, and a legendary team-player attitude
- A minimum of 4 years’ creating real-time special VFX for video games
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent type role
- Scripting experience in Lua, Python, etc.
- Experience creating and using real-time shaders
- 2D or 3D animation experience
- Strong passion for developing games
- Knowledge and understanding of the Diablo universe
- Cover letter
- Portfolio of relevant work required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)Willingness to complete art test if required
**Only submittals with all three will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Blizzard Entertainment Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated again on the basis of disability.