Back to Directory
World of Warcraft
Office: Irvine, California, United States
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled environment artist to work on the award winning game, World of Warcraft. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The environment artist must have skill in another art task as well -- illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, concept drawing -- and be well-versed in related tools --3DS Max, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in game development modeling and texturing environments using 3DS Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Superior eye for light, shade, color and detail in creating texture maps
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great team-player
- A passion for video games
- Skill in one or more of the related creation tasks - illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, concept drawing
- Able to work full-time in the Irvine area
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as an associate environment artist
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, and / or environmental and/or architectural illustration
- A passion for developing online video games
- Understanding of the visual style of World of Warcraft and a passion to push it to the next level
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.