Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled environment artist to work on the award winning game, World of Warcraft. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The environment artist must have skill in another art task as well -- illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, concept drawing -- and be well-versed in related tools --3DS Max, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in game development modeling and texturing environments using 3DS Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Superior eye for light, shade, color and detail in creating texture maps
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great team-player
- A passion for video games
- Skill in one or more of the related creation tasks - illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, concept drawing
- Able to work full-time in the Irvine area
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as an associate environment artist
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, and / or environmental and/or architectural illustration
- A passion for developing online video games
- Understanding of the visual style of World of Warcraft and a passion to push it to the next level
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.