Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a technical artist
to work on the newest installment of our award-winning real-time strategy (RTS)
game, StarCraft II and the all new action game Heroes of the Storm. The focus
will be on bringing our game characters and models to a finished state
from both a technical and performance perspective. Responsibilities include
rigging, performance optimizations, and general bug-fixing of in-game assets.
The ideal candidate has thorough knowledge of 3ds Max with an interest in, and
technical understanding of, optimizing 3D models, animations, and shaders.
- Knowledge of rigging in 3D content creation software,
such as 3ds Max, Maya, or XSI
- Strong technical background and a positive attitude
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- High self-motivation and initiative
- Able to communicate and coordinate between internal teams
- A desire for helping others and to improve art content
- Working knowledge of 3ds Max
- Understanding of GPU shaders
- Knowledge of MaxScript or Python
- Modeling and animation skills in 3D content creation
- Documentation writing for art pipeline
- Previous game production experience
- Knowledge of the StarCraft game series
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other protected group status. If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.