Blizzard Entertainment is growing our presence in San
Francisco to join its elite Battle.net team and is looking for a highly organized and
enthusiastic producer with outstanding communication skills and a demonstrated
aptitude for project management. The ideal candidate must be capable of
communication regarding design and technical tasks, love the act of planning,
enjoy working inside a flexible team-oriented environment, be versed in project
management styles and processes, and be utterly devoted to delivering quality
products on time. Self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as
the ability to anticipate production issues and find effective solutions.
The Battle.net team develops all our customer-facing web
sites, ranging from account management and e-commerce sites, to community
forums and character profiles for multiple global regions, extending,
supporting, and enhancing the epic game experience and polish Blizzard is known
We have a very collaborative environment, both inside the
team and with other teams across Blizzard, so you'll be doing a fair amount of
talking and listening. If you really must have a list of bullet points, we have
them listed below, but we don't hire by bullet points, we hire people who can
make the right things happen.
- Work with the department’s lead to ensure the overall
goals of the team are being met.
- Create, coordinate, track, and manage the schedule to
ensure that project tasks are completed on time.
- Identify, track, manage, and resolve project issues.
- Ensure that solutions are of acceptable quality.
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project
goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
- Work with department team leads and other producers to
determine resources necessary to see projects through to completion.
- Act as project leader and champion a consistent,
organized process. Participate in creating and improving pipelines and
processes to improve team productivity and reduce risk to the schedule.
- Gather, document, and organize business, functional, and
creative requirements for new projects from project stakeholders.
- Liaise with stakeholders within different departments to
- Supply updates to department leads and executive
management on progress.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and a healthy
- Manage and guide other producers within the team.
- Handle other duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a production role
- A proven track record of shipping products
- Able to communicate effectively
- Must be skilled at risk assessment and management
- Knowledge of development process, project management, and
- Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills in
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- A passion for video games
- A passion for organization and planning
- Experience managing large teams and multiple projects
- Agile development exposure or Scrum Master certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Familiar with foreign languages
- Previous programming or technical experience
- Previous design or art experience
- Previous experience working in web development
- Previous experience working in mobile app development
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other protected group status. If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.