Blizzard Entertainment is growing our presence in San Francisco and is seeking a talented senior web front end engineer to join the Battle.net team. This engineer can expect to maintain and implement new features for the World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, and account management web applications.
The web front end engineer would enjoy collaborating with user experience designers, graphic designers, back end engineers, other front end engineers, and producers to create epic and efficient applications used by millions of people worldwide. The ideal candidate is aware of web technology trends, familiar with browser compatibility nuances, and is eager to apply the latest tools, and techniques to enable an engaging out-of-game experience.
- Experience using an MVC framework
- Familiar with HTTP and basic networking concepts
- Basic proficiency with Photoshop
- Self-motivated, and able to independently identify and implement needed improvements
- A passion for web development and gaming
- Professional UX or information architecture experience
- Experience authoring websites for mobile devices
- Experience implementing high-performance interfaces with HTML 5 APIs
- Experience leading a small team, and / or major projects
- Contributions to open-source projects or personal projects
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming in languages like Java, C++, Objective-C, or equivalent
- A degree in computer science, human-computer interaction, or a related field
Required Application Materials
- Portfolio link, PDF, or code samples
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with all three will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other protected group status. If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.