Back to Directory
Manager, Micro-transaction Operations
Office: Irvine, California, United States
Have you defeated Garrosh Hellscream and the Heart of
Y’Shaarj? Do you rage when someone successfully 6-pools you? Does the mere
sight of your loot-bedecked barbarian terrify the Lord of Terror? Are you
smart, innovative, entrepreneurial, and passionate about games? Do you want to
help Blizzard Entertainment manage its micro-transaction business in a way that
enhances the gameplay experience? If so, you may be interested in joining our strategic
initiatives team in the role of manager, micro-transaction operations.
You will manage day-to-day micro-transaction operations,
working closely with marketing, business intelligence, finance, and the game
- Actively manage micro-transaction activities including
optimization of content release calendar, pricing, and promotional initiatives.
- Continuously monitor the health and performance of the
business; prepare regular KPI-based reports for stakeholders and provide expert
analysis of the data.
- Design and field testing aimed at helping us understand
the impact of initiatives such as content updates, new monetization features,
and pricing adjustments; develop A / B test plans and tracking metrics for each
- Provide frequent quantitative and qualitative feedback to
the game team to inform continuous refinement and improvement of the
micro-transaction model; identify pain points and make recommendations to
address key problem areas.
- Establish metrics to measure the success of related
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working in the video
game, mobile content, social media, consumer software, or digital entertainment
industries; must have experience in managing monetization operations on a
released micro-transaction product
- Strong familiarity with micro-transaction business models
in competitive games – how they work, integration with gameplay, commercial
performance, and player acceptance
- Experience using data analysis to support operational
- Significant knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment’s
products and intellectual properties
- Quantitative Bachelor’s degree (economics, engineering,
mathematics, etc.); MBA or quantitative Master’s degree preferred
Applicants must submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) and a
resume. Only resumes with cover letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.