Back to Directory
Project Manager, eSports
StarCraft II - Heroes of the Storm
Office: Irvine, California, United States
The Blizzard Entertainment eSorts team is
looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and highly organized project manager with
outstanding communication skills and a demonstrated aptitude for project
management. The ideal candidate must be capable of communication regarding eSports
objectives, love the act of planning, enjoy working inside a flexible
team-oriented environment, be versed in project management styles and
processes, and track eSports projects
according to established deadlines. Self-direction and follow-up skills are a
must, as well as, the ability to anticipate issues and find effective
- Define project objectives, schedule,
resource requirements, budget, and deliverables in support of business goals
established by eSports management.
- Develop or support the creation of
complete project plans, related documentation, and reporting requirements for
each assigned project.
- Champion projects to various departments
and teams with a wide variety of backgrounds / goals.
- Develop and determine status frequency,
and deliver progress reports, proposals, and requirements documentation, along
with risks, contingency plans, and roadblocks to community and eSports management.
- Manage project expectations, milestones,
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise
project team members while keeping projects on track and under budget.
- Build, develop, and grow business
relationships vital to the success of assigned projects.
- Conduct post mortems and create
recommendations reports based on detailed project analysis.
- Develop best practices and tools for
project execution and management.
- Act as a key contact between internal departments, regional teams, and eSports.
- Control, coordinate, and follow-up on recurrent
tasks and assignments within the eSports team.
- Contribute to a positive work
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in
a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and
- Demonstrated experience in personnel
- Excited about building practices and
methodologies for an existing team to function at a high level of efficiency
- Experience working both independently
and in a collaborative team environment
- Adaptable to changing business needs and
expanded project requirements
- Persuasive, encouraging, and a
motivating influence with all assigned projects
- Able to gain cooperation and reduce
tension among team members and impacted departments
- Strong written, verbal, and
interpersonal communications skills in English
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize,
and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office
- Experience implementing processes or
training staff in new work methods
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- Formal project management training, and /
- Expertise in Microsoft Project, SharePoint,
and other online project management tools
- Passionate about the emerging eSports
- Gamer! Likes Blizzard games and
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.