Back to Directory
Director, Global eSports
StarCraft II - Heroes of the Storm
Office: Irvine, California, United States
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a director to
provide global leadership and direction across all of our eSports programs and
This person will lead the design and development of all
Blizzard Entertainment's eSports programs, including the conception and
production of live and online tournaments featuring Blizzard Entertainment
games at all levels of competition, from grass roots to pro. This person will
also directly manage our relationship with our global eSports partners. Finally,
the senior director will be ultimately responsible for network maintenance and
growth of our global eSports networks of eSports organizers, shoutcasters, and
The ideal candidate is an independent, self-motivated
leader with a proven track record of designing creative competitive systems,
proactively identifying key strategies, anticipating business needs, and
implementing solutions across the organization. This person must have strong
personnel management, motivational skills, and must be able to work within
budget while still producing epic experiences for the players of our games.
The director, global eSports will work closely with
different teams such as global community operations, community content, public
relations, events, marketing, web, and production.
- Direct Blizzard Entertainment’s global eSports teams.
- Lead the development and execution of all global eSports
programs and tournament systems.
- Build consensus and visibility in the design process for
key stakeholders across the organization and globally.
- Meet and exceed agreed upon key performance indicators
for each program.
- Oversee the maintenance of Blizzard Entertainment's
eSports networks, and lead the design of the appropriate reward systems for
- Develop and distribute management level reports in
support of business reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in eSports, organized
play, sports organizations management, or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in management
- Extensive experience of competitive gaming, pro-gaming,
ladders, leagues, and tournaments
- Bachelor's degree
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership, management, and
- Prior event, and / or tournament organization and
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills,
while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Strong communications, and presentation skills, with the
ability to work with other members across the organization
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time
constraints and a full work load
- Able to interface effectively with both gamers and
- Passionate player of videogames, particularly Blizzard
- Able to travel, including international travel
- Experience in sports broadcasting
- Experience in professional sports league development
Applicants must submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) a resume.
Only submittals with both will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.