Back to Directory
Software Engineer, .NET
Office: Irvine, California, United States
Blizzard Entertainment's corporate applications team is currently looking for an experienced software engineer to join our corporate applications engineering team in Irvine, CA or Austin, TX.
This person will design and develop internal applications that aid the company and our players. The ideal candidate is a .NET expert, has successfully delivered robust solutions that can handle high-load situations, and isn't scared of ambiguity or tight deadlines. You must have a passion for new technology and keep up to date with industry tools and trends. We're looking for someone who always strives for elegance and simplicity, loves video games, and wishes to help Blizzard Entertainment retain its position at the forefront of game development and customer service.
- A minimum of 3 years' working on the .NET platform, including experience with .NET 3.5
- Experience architecting and developing integration projects using WCF and Web services
- Experience with both ASP.NET and Windows Forms applications
- Experience developing and optimizing SQL Server based applications
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, or a related field
- Excellent communications skills
- Working knowledge of various SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile)
- Experience working with applications geared toward customer service
- Microsoft development certification
- Experience with MySQL and / or Oracle
- Fluent in another language
Applicants must submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) and a resume. Only resumes with cover letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.